Saturday, November 07, 2009

Insanities of Life

So many things don't make sense to me...
I've been praying a lot lately.
Some of the silliness out there makes me sad.
Some of it makes me roll my eyes and shake my head.
Some of it even makes me laugh.

Obstacles placed in my way frustrate me.
After I knock them down or find a way around
I just find another one.
Yesterday I dealt with a ton of them and got through
them just fine.
Today I awake to find another one bigger than all the
ones before.

Laughter is the best medicine.
When you think you can't take anymore of the insanities
You meet someone crazier than you feel.
Like the lady last night at B&N who said she couldn't look
at cat books because she's allergic to them.
She then sat down next to a Honduran couple and asked
"Are you from Mexico?" Unbelievable!
I shook my head, rolled my eyes and laughed.

Later one of my co-workers showed me a book
that offered a review that said the book was filled
with Cowboy on Cowgirl action, and Cowboy on Cowboy
action while maintaining a true sense of the old west.
Um, excuse me? Am I missing something here?
What the heck are they talking about?
I had to laugh and once again, shake my head.

What is the world coming to?
I wondered that all last night.
I prayed. I prayed. I prayed some more.
Today I have a better attitude, but no answers yet.
I have a gut feeling of what I need to do
but my gut is also telling me that I've worried too much
and an ulcer is inevitable.

I've reached out to friends for help and advice.
I know they'll come through and I pray for a quick response.
My best friend is dying. Luke is his name. He's been a loyal friend
for many years. Luke is my dog and I'll cry when he's gone.
Life is easy. Life is hard. Such are the Insanities of Life.

No comments: