Thursday, July 19, 2007

All roads lead to....baseball?

Okay, I have to admit it...I am addicted to baseball. Specifically the Kansas City Royals, but I find myself reading all of the stats, every article...for every team! It's sad really, because I don't remember all of the stats, but I do know this... This is the first season in several years that the Royals aren't DEAD LAST amongst all baseball teams. (Insert your own "WHOOO HOOO" here)

I'm also addicted to watching my Son, Jared's baseball team. They're coming along nicely this year, and although they had more losses than wins, several of the kids have "gotten it together" pretty well on the field.

We recently went to the Willie Wilson (Former Royal) Baseball Classic here in Kansas City and had the chance to see Willie (and meet and get his autograph), and got to see Ozzie Smith, Frank White, Amos Otis, Joe Carter and many, many more who, even in retirement, can still move the ball around pretty good. (As if to prove this point, Joe Carter smacked a ball out of the park and right onto the roof of our van... We have the huge dent to prove it!)

So I'm thinking of entering a twelve step program so that I can rid myself of this Demon...baseball! Or maybe I'll just get hooked on the NBA...

David

No comments: