Monday, March 16, 2009

Just give me something to talk about

So for the past few weeks I've been fielding complaints from my regular readers that my blogs have been coming in less-than-regularly... and for that, I am sorry....but....
I've had a bit of writer's block. Not that I haven't had anything to say, but more of the "how to say it" variety.

So, here I am... How are you? What have you been up to lately? See? Nothing of note to note.
I talked to my Sister, Cindy on the phone last night for the first time in a long time. We talked for almost an hour. After that, I called my Nephew, Shannon, who I literally have not talked to in years. We talked for quite a while about our kids, our lives and most importantly...BASEBALL!

Now those of you who know me know that I am an avid baseball fan and even more so I'm a RABID Kansas City Royals fan! A blog or two ago I posted pictures from the Royals fan fest, and sometime in early April I hope to post pictures of the Season Home Opener here in Kansas City! For the first time in....EVER!!! I was able to get some tickets to the first home game of the season.

This year is especially important being that it is the first one in the "new" stadium. Not only that, but our team is looking better than ever this year! I realize that by putting this in print it may come back to haunt me Ala the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED CURSE, but I'm willing to take my chances. The Royals had the best September in all of baseball and we had some of the very best pitching in the closing days of the season, which is very promising when you look at all that Greinke and Soria did last season and then they went out with a bang and not a whimper...(THANK GOODNESS!)

So, on April 10th, you know where I'll be, along with Jared...the other baseball nut in our house...


On the home front...Dustin turned 15 and got his learner's permit and has been tooling around the hood with us in the car. I must say, he's really pretty good and would be perfect if he'd stop hugging the edge of the pavement and making REALLY wide turns. Other than that, he's doing well.

Jared turned 9 and finished out the basketball season at almost the same time. His team ended up 2nd in the city tournament, although I thought they could have and should have won the whole thing. They had a great season! Baseball practice has already started and we've been busy with that... We moved our new team from Independence to Fort Osage, which I think is a positive move. We'll just hope and pray for the best, but I'm really impressed with the new Coach and team.

See, nothing huge going on...no super-deep thoughts, no witty asides... just life... Hope yours is going well.

Dave

No comments: