Monday, September 25, 2006

Out of touch, out of time

Where did the time go? I look at my kids and realize how fast they're growing, and then it hits me that I'm getting older too!

Days blur together into weeks, months, years, decades. It's sad in a way, but our ultimate goal is to be with God, right? So as I gather speed towards the finish line I find it rather comforting.

Steven Curtis Chapman said it best when he sang "No better place on Earth, than the road that leads to Heaven..." Still, I feel like I'm so busy that I'm missing out on my Kid's childhoods.

Sure, I'm there a lot, but there are gaps. My older Son is nearly a teenager... recently we watched a video of him at age two, and as I laughed and smiled, I kind of felt like crying...

You're only as old as you feel and right now I feel twenty and eighty at the same time....

David

1 comment:

chade66 said...

What interesting timing you have. I have been wrestling with this issue since starting school this semester. Between work and class I don't get home until after 10:30 three nights a week.

My daughter, who is a teenager, keeps waiting up for me even though she isn't supposed to, then we both have to get up at 5 am so she can be ready in time for the bus.

The whole family is losing a lot of sleep and I am very stressed in general. So I think next semester I'll only take one class instead of two and see if I can't get my life back on keel. Does it really matter if I finish my degree in three years or six?

Time goes so fast and in four years, she'll be off to college herself. I want to have time to spend with her before then.