Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Fellow Americans

First let me say that although I did not vote for President-Elect Obama...I'm proud of the political process and I wish him the best in his endeavors. I hope he really is all that people seem to think he is and more! I want him to be successful as a President and in representing our country.

I remember four years ago when I voted for President Bush and had people say to me "I hope he falls on his "face" so the whole world will see what a fool we elected." To me, that represents the worst sort of attitude you can have if your candidate loses. When our President loses, we lose... Who wants that to happen???

Am I sorry that Senator McCain lost? Of course I am! I would not have gone to his rally, or posted and delivered signs for him if I didn't believe that he was what is best for our country. I wouldn't have made phone calls on his behalf and prayed for him nightly if I didn't believe.

Many people believe the same thing about Senator Obama, and in this election their voices were heard. I say more power to them! This is the way it's supposed to work. After the glitches and gaffes of the 2000 and 2004 elections it was nice to have one that went uncontested and relatively smooth.

I would have hoped that the press would not have been so biased. I wished that people would stop saying that Sarah Palin was stupid, when it is obvious to anyone that she is a strong, resourceful and intelligent woman who earned her job as the Governor of Alaska and didn't buy her way in or inherit it from a family member who pulled some strings.

And yet, the lack of respect that has been given her, especially by "enlightened" "Feminist" women was appalling. Some even went so far as to produce a commercial featuring young girls who said that if they were raped, Sarah Palin would look the other way! This sort of hate speech needs to end NOW!

I would have loved it if the candidates had answered questions. I would have Really loved it if there had been about a million less commercials. And for the people who broke into McCain Headquarters in Independence to steal laptops and for those who repeatedly broke windows at Obama's campaign HQ, you are the worst of the worst as far as I'm concerned. You and the sign thieves and sign defacers should be forced to live in a country without free elections so that you can really see what a right, a privilege and a duty it is to vote!

Just as there have been bitter Democrats for the past 8 years, now there are bitter Republicans. Don't be bitter... this is a lesson learned. The popular vote was close, so be proud! Your efforts weren't in vain! You worked hard, you tried your best... The nature of elections is cyclical. The Republicans have had the ball for awhile and now it's the Democrat's turn. We hope they do what is best for the country now...

Pray for our leaders, no matter who they are. Hope for the best and help our new leader achieve it...if it doesn't work out, we'll be voting again in a few years!
We're Americans! It's what we do!

Dave

No comments: