Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Broken Nose Broken Toes that's how it goes

So this week Jared moved from playing First Base to playing Third. He hates it... He's been at first for nearly three years and I can understand why he's nervous...however, he needs to view it as a step up because his Coaches really want him there because he's quick and can throw...



Speaking of third base, we went to the final Royals game of the season which ended with Alex Gordon (3rd Base) getting his nose broken. (Jared then leaned over to me and said "See Dad, that's why I don't want to play 3rd!")



Mike Sweeney also said his possible goodbyes...and it was heartwarming and sad at the same time... hugs were thrown, tears were shed...



Luke tried to kill me this week when a opossum invaded our neighbor's yard. As I was trying to get the "super-hyped-up dog" into the house, I stubbed my toe on the edge of the sliding glass door. As Luke lurched forward, I tried to catch my balance with my right foot which was damp from the rain and when I stepped onto the kitchen tile floor, my leg flew right out from under me.



I landed on my busted up knee, my left wrist and the left side of my head... luckily no broken bones, but a couple of nice black and blue spots here and there... (sorry bout the broken toes headline...it was catchy!)



Luke was pretty sick over the weekend but appears to be doing better now..(in spite of neighborhood varmits and putting "hits" out on his owner!)



All is well at our house (for now...) but we'll keep you posted...



David

No comments: