Tuesday, October 30, 2007

She was looking for love...he was looking for exercise...

How's that for provocative?

We're getting ready for our annual "Holiday" party meetings to start here at the old public Li-Berry and as for me, I'm looking forward to it. The planning part is usually a lot of fun for me and last year (as you may recall) I started a minor hoop-la (to-do, whatever) over the picture I sent out of Al Gore commenting on the party... ("It's getting hotter every year") which was a supposed quote about global warming that I just applied to the party...

Everyone thought it was funny except for one guy here who raised a HUGE fuss over it because he didn't think it was funny and thought I was making fun of Gore...which I wasn't and had no intention of...

So my first thought this year was "hmmm Who can I tick off this year?" When they asked me to be on the committee again this year I said I'd only do it if I could be provocative, edgy and funny and they said that's exactly what they were hoping for... So, here goes! We'll see if I can be as goofy as last year and still bring in a crowd.

Dave

No comments: