Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pastor of Muppets and other songs I've heard and books I've read

Correction: The song is actually "Master of Puppets" but when I say it the Muppet way it drives my kids batty!!!

"Morning has Broken" was on "Pushing Daisies" last week and has been embedded in my skull ever since...

Hey, the new Steve Martin books (that's right, I said books!) "Born Standing up" (for grown-ups) and "The Alphabet from A to Y with bonus letter Z" (for kids and adults)are both fantastic! Steve is my comedy hero and ever shall be along with the great Red Skelton and the Marx Brothers and a couple of others here and there...

Also on my "HIT LIST" is ESPN Magazine. While I love SPORTING NEWS and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, I've got to go a step above and beyond and say that ESPN is the STUFF! Great pics, Great articles! You name it! It's FANTASTIC!

Speaking of fantastic, did I mention I have a crush on Kristin Chenoweth from "Pushing Daisies" ??? Not only is she pretty, perky and cute, she can sing like an angel! So much so, in fact that she got me to watch the musty, dusty musical "The Music Man" which was dusted off a few years ago and remade with her and Matthew Broderick. While the musical is a bit, shall we say "dated?" She and Matt are both very good in it...

Speaking of musicals (and we were, weren't we?) The new "Hairspray" could have been just another unneeded sequel, but it's really actually very good. The music is terriffic and the acting is pretty good, even if Travolta does look a bit like a giant Cabbage Patch Kid. Good job! Jared and I were dancing around the house after watching it!

Chenoweth (yes, I'm still stuck on her...) has two CD's out...one Christian and one Pop Standards and they're both GREAT! I'm listening to one of them right now!!!

Life is good here at "Casa de Cox" and no serious complaints... (it wouldn't be normal for me if I were totally well, so I'm sporting a sprained wrist, but no big probs...) Everyone else is good...EVEN our old buddy, LUKE!

Thanksgiving was nice and I'm looking forward to Christmas! Fa La La La La La La La La....

I'll write again soon...

Dave

No comments: