Sunday, April 20, 2008

A different drummer

I've got to say that drum lessons are the most fun I've had in ages! Maybe this is my mid-life crisis, but if this is it, I'm having a blast! I'll try to post some pictures soon! (If you can handle them!)

In any event, we're rocking out to the Eagles, Bruce and any number of classic rock groups and as they say at McDonald's "I'm lovin' it!"

In other news, we had a whopper of a storm last night and although it hailed for about 15 minutes straight, I didn't notice any high winds until this morning when I spotted tent stakes and bungee cords in my yard... So hey, if you live in Eastern Jackson County, Missouri and you're missing part of your tent or camping gear...I may have it.
If you can describe the items I've mentioned and provide two types of ID and a blood sample then they're yours!

Like I said, it hailed like mad, and lightninged like crazy and rained like the devil. (any other adjectives will have to wait since I may have approached the legal limit.) Socks, loyal and true, woke me up with a whimper and a wet nose on my arm.
She also managed a pretty hefty howl at the Earthquake last week, but that's another story as I slept through the trembling and only awoke to tell her to stop howling.
(Darn! I missed my first Earthquake! Does the one at Universal Studios count?)

So, that's it other than Dustin is sick, Luke is fine and my arm still hurts from drumming...or it could be from pitching to Jared... who knows...
Heck, I'm 43, I could have slept on it wrong for all I know!

One last note... big prayers for my Dad who is having some heart procedures done tomorrow! We love you, Dad! Take care!

-David

No comments: