Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just an average ordinary day...almost

So, today was busy with the preparation for our new Children's department to open at the library. We were hanging shelves and moving books here and there...it wasn't bad or difficult...

Tomorrow is Kim's last day at the Library. If you don't know Kim, I bet you wish you did because she is a phenominal person and a great friend. Jesse (my former boss) and I hired her about 11 years ago to work in the sorting department and she is certainly one of the best hires I ever made!

So, Kim...if you're reading this...we will miss you! You're one of the best!

Last night was music practice and while I still love playing and learning the drums, I have discovered that I am somewhat of an uncoordinated mess! I can drum just fine with my hands, but for whatever reason my foot (which ordinarily keeps time very well) cannot seem to maintain a beat on the bass drum to save it's life!

Once I start on the bass, then I lose the rhythm I have going on the snare and the high hat. I promised myself I won't get frustrated, but I can't fathom why I can't accomplish this simple task!!!??? I seem to do fine otherwise!!!

One of my favorite customers, Byron...died this past weekend. He was 90 years old and sharp as a tack! He would call me about once a week to talk movies and television. He was hoping to get through the most recent season of the "Sopranos" so he could see how it ended. I'm going to miss talking with him...he was a great guy!

So, other than music...baseball has been on my mind lately. Jared's team had their home opener and won 4-3. Jared also cut his leg pretty bad sliding in during practice last night...I'm not sure how he did it, but it looks painful.

That's my week so far...how's your's been?

-David

No comments: