Sunday, May 18, 2008

What I did on my Saturday vacation

Wow...

I actually had a Saturday night off! That hasn't happened since the last time I had a Saturday night off! (Which was a little over a month ago as I recall)
So, I was off from the bookstore, but still sort of working in a way. John (our friend and music Teacher) is in a group called "Blast from the Past" who play with Bobby Simkins, a local Elvis impersonator, who is actually quite good.

Long story short, John recently hired Dustin to assist with equipment and run the lights for the show and last night was Dustin's first "gig." And of course, I'm proud of the fine work he did. The show looked very professional...the lighting was great, the singing was great and the music was great! Especially that drummer, John...man! was he good!

So, how did I end up "working" you may ask? Well, John asked me to videotape the show, which I did... and even though it wasn't difficult, I still ended up with a stiff back from holding the camera and walking around filming for two hours. So, yes I was tired, and no, it wasn't that hard of a job. Besides, the music was great!

One of the many highlights was John and his Daughter, April (who just got back from Africa this week) singing a duet. Another was Rachel Wicker, who made it as far as Hollywood on this year's American Idol, and who has an amazing singing voice. Plus, being on stage, shooting video was a lot of fun. Also, seeing my oldest Son being so responsible and working on stage was kind of a kick for me too. Jared and Sherry got to sit in with the crowd, and they liked it a lot!

Also on Saturday I trimmed the hedges and mowed. (Not exactly highlights) and played catch with Jared, which I always enjoy.

Sunday morning we missed church. Sherry was sick and we were all really tired from the previous night's fun...so the lazy bums we are, we stayed in bed. Well....Socks got me up at SEVEN! And so I let her out and just stayed up. I read the paper and then made cheezy scrambled eggs, biscuits and bacon for everyone and got them up and around. Then I visited with my Neighbor, Joe and then worked on weed-eating (with a weed eater, not me actually eating weeds!)the yard...and might I say, it looks WONDERFUL!

So, now I'm tired and just realizing that I was busy all weekend and forgot to rest.
Maybe I can at work on Monday... HA!

David

No comments: