Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Should I really say "Happy Memorial Day?" On one hand, it's a somber day when you think of why we observe it, but in another way it's the unofficial start of summer...the end of school...a day off from work...and an excuse to have picnics and get-togethers!

So, be mindful of the reason you're off work today, but also have fun!

Sorry I haven't written in a bit... the reason for that is sheer busy-ness. It has been a hectic week so far!

A sample

Monday: Work followed by baseball practice
Tuesday: Work followed by a baseball game and shopping
Weds: Work (a very short workday as I got very sick-to-my-stomach that day)
and then I felt a bit later that day and went to work at my second job
Thurs: Should not have worked my second job cause I woke up REALLY sick and ended up sleeping most of the day. Thursday night we had Dustin's final orchestra concert of the year and then I came home and went straight to bed.
Fri: Worked my day job and then worked at the book store that night
Sat: Jared participated in the Junior Olympics Basketball Competition and won a silver medal... then, still tired and not feeling great I slept all afternoon until I had to get ready for the book store again!
Sun: Church... Jared and I were door greeters.
Birthday party for Jared's friend, Aaron
Band Practice
Mowed the lawn and did other yard work
MONDAY MEMORIAL DAY:
After listening to it storm most of the night, I got up early and let the dogs out and got the paper and read it. Everyone else was still asleep, so I went back to bed and slept in for a bit.
Now I'm blogging and shortly we'll be going to a picnic if the rain has stopped.

WHEW!
On top of all that, Sherry had Strep throat and Jared got hit in the eye with a rock...
After all that, I think I need a nap!

Happy Memorial Day!

David

No comments: