Sunday, August 17, 2008

Believe it or not, it's just me

Back again, just takin' a break from Olympic viewing... Whew, how bout that Michael Phelps? Who knew that Superman could swim? This guy is amazing... I've been impressed with a lot of the Olympians this year and with NBC's coverage as well. Costas is good, as usual, but I have to chuckle whenever he has the former Olympic Coach on who discusses gymnastics... I catch about every third word that he says...not his fault, but perhaps maybe NBC might consider a commentator with a better grasp of the English language.

I'm feeling okay today after going back to work at the bookstore Friday night. I felt REALLY good on Thursday, so much so, that I mentioned to my Boss that with my luck I'd probably be in a coma on Friday... well, it appears I spoke too soon and jinxed myself. I ended up getting sick from my pain pills Thursday night (I twisted my knee getting out of the car on the way home from work and was in a LOT of pain just trying to get into the house).

So, I was up sick all night and went to bed sometime around 4:00 AM and then got up at 5:30 to get ready for work. I worked four hours out of the six I was scheduled for and then came home, iced my knee and took a nap. I was leery about going to work, but did well until I tried to stand back up after my break at 9:30... my knee wasn't playing along, so I had to really slow down the last couple of hours. I iced and elevated when I got home and took it easy yesterday so I could go back last night. I had a lot of good back up from co-workers both nights and I did take it slower last night so I made it through a bit better I think.

I couldn't sleep last night (which may be a side-effect from the pills), and ended up awake for most of the overnight hours. I ended up sleeping till after ten this morning and totally missed church!!! So today has been a lazy day other than trimming some plants back around the deck and the pond and cleaning the pond filter out. Dustin mowed and Jared helped me with the trimming and then he fed the fish.

Jared's been weaning himself from some of the Olympic coverage today by watching DVD episodes of "My Name is Earl" and then quoting entire scenes back to me almost verbatim. He's a nut!

Dustin, the ladies man, has been fielding multiple calls today from the young chicklettes who bask in his angst-filled universe, while I have been mulling over a return to fiction writing. I'll see how that goes... In the meantime you get to read this rambling, somewhat incoherent rant that has little to do with much of anything... (See, what did I tell you?)

So, as the sun fades in the sky and the smell of my Neighbor grilling ribs wafts overhead (making my stomach rumble and my mouth water), I'm left to think that this weekend, while mostly restful, was a waste...

Dave

No comments: