Monday, August 11, 2008

Why? Because it's 1:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...THAT'S WHY!

So, why am I blogging again you ask?
Well... It's one thirty in the A M and I'm wide awake.
I went to bed at Midnight after watching the Olympics,
But I find that I'm not sleepy at all and my Knee kind
of Aches.

Too Bad, you say? Well, yes it will be at 5:15 when my alarm
screams at me to WAKE UP...

Then there's Luke, who upon discovering that his "DAD" is up and about
suddenly has to go outside, and in doing so, wakes up Socks, who also thinks
it will be neat to go outside for a bit.

So now that half of the family is up, what to do? I search the Internet for
references to Strafford, Missouri (as I do from time to time in my efforts to
locate long-lost-friends) and I find only pictures of what used to be "Exotic Animal Paradise." The fun pictures to look at are old ones of "Silver Dollar City" that
people have posted on Flickr or Photobucket that have scenes of rides long gone, or people long passed, or cars that no longer haunt the roads. (Station Wagons, anyone?)

And so I write... Not much to say, but better than another entry about my Knee...right?

I saw Jesse today... Those of you who know him know of his recent trials and of what a stroke can do to a man. A Superman of super-strength, who bows to nothing, not Cancer or previous strokes... a man who has been hit hard by this particularly nasty stroke and who is fighting a valiant fight to regain the superhuman strength he once had.

If there's anyone on this planet who can do it, it is Jesse...but I hate to see him taking a hit like this. A hit that no one, especially him, should have to endure.
So I feel crappy about complaining about the pain in my knee...when I see this hulk of a man in a wheelchair, just happy that he can now swallow water without a thickening agent having to be added to it to help him swallow.

I know he'll make it back. He has to....we all look up to him and root for him to make it.

So here I am, at almost 2:00 in the morning... deep thoughts, random thoughts and silly thoughts to spare. And lucky you, you get to sift through them on the net.

Or you can always look up Strafford, Missouri and look at the zebra pictures...

David

No comments: