Monday, April 24, 2006

You think Daniel Powter has had a bad day?

I'm getting sick of that song... you know the one, "Bad Day" or whatever it's called...the Daniel Powter song that they play every time that someone gets canned on "American Idol." It's not enough that the song is saturating television, but its on the radio all of the time and they're even playing it in the bookstore where I work!

So let me tell you about my day... My shoulder and elbow are still killing me. Those of you who know me know that I've had three rotator cuff surgeries in the past 8 years, two of which were on my right shoulder. Last week I got cocky pitching to the J-man (my six year old boy), and since my last shoulder surgery 1.5 years ago, I finally realized I'd gotten my throwing arm back.
(I missed it, since it had been gone for about 10 years!!!)

So now that my accuracy is back and my speed is up, I've been doing a lot of pitching. A few weeks ago I even won a t-shirt for throwing a strike at a Dick's Sporting Goods Store. (Dustin got one too, as did Jared who then bested us by throwing a perfect strike at a hole the size of a softball, and in the process won $75.00 dollars worth of free stuff... it's great getting beat by a 6-year-old)

Anyway, I've been pitching soooooo well that I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and hyper-extended (that's strained for you uninformed) my elbow. Wheee.... so in addition to feeling kinda crappy about that, the steroids (not the illegal Barry Bonds ones) and the pain killers make me feel barfy and dizzy and sort of drunk-ish...(not that I would know about that!)

This weekend was fun, even though Sher has a weird eye infection and I have a goofy arm.
We went to Kansas to my Nephew's basketball tourney, which they won! Sher and the boys went with my Sister in Law and Nephew to World's of Fun... and then yesterday we went to see the Royals play...(see previous rant about people being unkind to the Royals...how dare they?)

Went to church and heard Pastor Fred give another fantastic sermon...(you can hear him at www.esbc.com ) He's always great, and he makes me think! Which is good! Thinking is good!
(repeat that!) Then we went to see our friend, Jeff, who is a policeman, and who rolled his car while chasing an armed robber on Saturday. He had minor cuts, which is a lot less than his car got out of the deal... I think his car is beyond repair. You'd have to see it to believe it. I'd say he's very fortunate, and I'm glad it wasn't worse...

So today it was back to work... I was drowsy... a lot! I'm hoping tomorrow is better since I'm working both jobs...oh, man! I'm working both jobs Wednesday too! I'm going to be tired...........
Guess I'd better get off here and get my beauty sleep. (From my looks I need about a month or two of sleep!)

Good night, sleep tight.... (I'm not really sure what that means, but whatever...)

Dave

No comments: