Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Neighborhood Watch

This past Sunday, our Preacher gave an amazing (as usual) sermon regarding "community" and how important it is. He used Neighborhood watch as an example of how we should all look out for each other.

He also mentioned that there are times we should come together as a community to support one another and to help other people see in places where they might have a "blind spot." There are times when I rely so much on Sherry that I don't think I could ever get through an entire day without her.

His point was that we should rely on God, as well as one another to help get through each and every day. He explained that you need someone to "watch your back" in times of trouble and also in times of peace. We should all try to be sympathetic and loving towards our friends and our family, so that if someone needs us, we're already there!

You know that there is someone out there that you've been meaning to write, or call, or go see...and maybe you're busy, or you've been "meaning" to do it, but that begs the question...
Have you?

I'm just as guilty of this as anyone, and I'm not trying to preach...(I'll leave that to those who are smarter than I). But to borrow a slogan from NIKE... Just do it! We need friends...we need family...we need each other. You know God didn't make us to be alone...

Thank you, Pastor Fred (www.esbc.com is where you can listen to his sermon on this topic).
For making me think about my friends and my family...my community as it were...

I hope to hear from some of you soon...

David

No comments: