Sunday, May 21, 2006

Things I did and said today...

Got up this morning and went to Arrowhead Stadium with my Sons, Dustin and Jared... Had a Chiefs mini-camp practice session to see. Got to see Trent Green, Tony, Dante and the boys play. My Jared, was excited to see Jared Allen (who he met a couple of months ago)...and we got to meet Larry Johnson... Was a good day, and the team looked great!

Tonight I worked with my old buddies, Mel and Mary at B&N....( I worked with several other good buddies, but Mary and Mel and I always work best together and have a lot of fun coming up with dumb jokes and puns...)

I managed to come up with the following: As I was shelving a Dutch/English Dictionary, I told Mel I'd like to buy it, did she want to go in half on the price? (get it? If you don't I pity you...)

Mary was telling me about the tacky Magazine and Smoke shop near her friend's house called "Mags and Fags," so I ask her if the other stores ever form a gang and beat up that store.

I asked Mel where to shelve a book about "How to live with a controlling man who bosses you around" and then I handed it to her and told her to "Just shut up and shelve it..." She laughed, it's all good...

Dave

1 comment:

chade66 said...

That store "Mags and Fags" is actually in England, so the connotation there is totally different!