Sunday, August 13, 2006

Why Walt Disney World has the Best Customer Service on the Planet!

Okay, so just to be clear...I LOVE DISNEY WORLD...I really, really do...!!! And in spite of my undying enthusiasm for them, I went to their web site recently to issue a teeny-tiny complaint about the seating and line situation at their Car Stunt Show at Disney MGM.

Let me say it again, I LOVE DISNEY WORLD...but, after going to several shows where they have the entire audience move all the way to the end so that everyone can get a seat, we arrived at the stunt show (Fast Pass in hand and for those of you who don't know about the fast pass, it allows you to jump to the head of the line at a pre-determined time)...

Anyhow...when we got to the stunt show we discovered that the fast pass line had a couple thousand people in it! (and we were at the back!) So, we slowly follow the crowd all the way around this amphitheater till we get to the bottom of a mountain of stairs. Half-way up the stairs the show starts and the crowd stops moving.

Long story short, we stand in line on the stairs for 10-15 minutes before someone herds us to the top of the stairs, along the back and down the other side to a seat on the FAR SIDE OF THE THEATER!!! So, I shot off a very nice, very cordial e-mail saying that while our trip there was beyond fantastic and nearly perfect, I thought the line and seating situation could have been handled a lot better.

About 3 days later, a very nice, very cordial person name "April McKenzie" or "Mackenzie" or something calls and we have a great visit on the phone about the parks, our trip and the fact that due to my email, they are in the process of revising their seating and line set-up at the stunt show.

"WOW!" I thought, "This is Wonderful customer service if a business like Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida can take the time to handle all of their complaints one-on-one!" I mean, really, they have about a billion people a day in their parks and they're going to deal with my piddly little problem as if it is a HUGE, Mammoth, Disruptive occurrence? Amazing!

I told April that I thought she was a terrific representative for their company and that she deserved a raise and I thought she should tell her boss that I said so.
You know me...I couldn't let it go... A couple of days later I fired off another e-mail to Corporate Disney and told them that I thought April was a terrific representative for their company and that it was a pleasure doing business with them and that their customer service was over-the-top and the best I'd ever received.

So what do those crazy nuts at Disney do? Thomas (who talks a bit fast so I didn't catch his last name) calls from the Executive Offices at Walt Disney World and tells "Thank you" for Thanking them and that Yes, April is one of their best employees and that she was being recognized for her achievements based on my call.

Dang! Thanking me for thanking them? I LOVE WALT DISNEY WORLD! Do you think they'd let me live there?

Dave

No comments: