Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving....and all of that stuffing

Had a pretty good day yesterday overall...

I ate Turkey, Mashed potatoes, dressing, corn casserole, broccoli-rice & cheese, hot rolls and caramel apple pie. Needless to say, I'm still stuffed today! Went to downtown Kansas City for the Plaza Lighting and then went home and watched the KC Chiefs beat the Denver Broncos! Go CHIEFS!!! So, it was a very typical Kansas City Holiday.

Today I did some online shopping and got that out of the way...and now I have to start thinking about my Wife's Birthday which is about 2 weeks away... Uh-Oh! What to buy? I saw a commercial yesterday where a guy was buying his Wife a $1,200 dollar ring for Christmas... okay, realistically, how many people do you know who will (or can) do that sort of thing for Christmas? I'd love to, but puh-leeze! I'm thinking CD's and Perfume...or maybe a blouse or something!

Christmas is pretty easy at our house...Dustin is at the age where he just wants money and gift cards, and Jared wants Sports stuff....so, that's easy to do. Sherry's not really all that picky about stuff, so she's good too (she's a clothes person)... and Luke just wants chew toys, tennis balls and stuff you can eat!

I want a shop vac, an air compressor (just a cheap one, thanks!) and DVD's of "The Office." Other than that, I could use some jeans... movies and tools...that's me...

Hope you all had a great day yesterday...other than the kids bickering...it was a good day!

Dave

No comments: