Thursday, November 30, 2006

Entering a "Treatment Program"

Yes, it is true... I'm entering a treatment program. I have decided that for too long I have suffered in semi-silence with the growing, debilitating disease that is gnawing away inside of me.

A few friends have noticed my problem over the years and have said that they wanted to stage an intervention. I asked them "Don't you remember all the fun times we had?" "Don't you remember all the laughs?" They stared at me, stone-faced and replied "NO...."

So as of 9 AM tomorrow morning, I will be committing myself to a 30 day Joke treatment center. I, David Cox...am a Jokaholic! There, I said it! I feel better already! I can resist the temptation to tell the joke about the guy who is having a mad passionate affair with his Boss's Wife and in the middle of the throes of passion she says "Kiss Me, Kiss me," to which he responds "Kiss you? I shouldn't even be doing this!!!"

See, before today, I would have just told that joke...but now I can resist the temptation to just Blurt out silly and semi-offensive jokes.

I guess what prompted me to seek help was an email I got in response to my last Blog posting, where I made an off-color joke about a laptop. I apologized and yet was criticized for making fun of treatment programs.

I mean, if it worked for Mel Gibson and Michael Richards (well, I guess he has yet to enroll in treatment, although he is seeking advice from Mental Health Experts Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.) It can work for me too...

Really, if it worked for Robert Downey, Jr. it can work for me!

I spoke to my friend, Gail about my humor problem and she seems sympathetic....(but I think she's lying!)

Oh well, in case I don't get a chance to blog from the "clinic" I wish you all the best this Christmas season. OH CRAP! I can't call it Christmas anymore! It's the HOLIDAY SEASON...

Christmas is too politically incorrect! Maybe the Doctors can help me with that too...


David

No comments: