Thursday, January 25, 2007

State of the Union

Okay, I'll admit it....I'm a Republican! I used to be a Conservative but then Bill Clinton arrived on the scene. Clinton wasn't a bad President...I just didn't agree with him on several issues... just as I don't agree with President Bush on several issues.

I tend to vote split-ticket, although there have been a couple of straight ticket moments...(guess which ticket I went for???)

My biggest problem is the hypocrisy that I'm hearing from both sides of the aisle. Especially when they call Bush a war criminal for going into Iraq. Does that make Harry Truman a war criminal? How about Bill Clinton...(who as I recall also invaded a country, although on a much smaller scale).

Which brings us to another point. Bush was supposed to be too inexperienced to be President, even though he'd been Governor of one of our largest states... Then came John Edwards, who had barely been in office long enough to answer his phone...but he was okay to nominate as VP??? Oh, and Obama...how long has he been in office? Hillary said the other day that Obama was distinguished and had a phenomenal (her words exactly) record in public office.
PHENOMENAL??? Up until the last election, no one other than people in Illinois even knew who he was???

Double standards seem to be overlooked within each party, but the opposition never fails to point out the other party's faults!!! Bush has spent more money on social programs than any other President...EVER which I don't much care for and the Democrats seem to hound him about constantly...HOWEVER, if this had been a Democratic President (Heaven forbid it had been Bill Clinton) He would have been a God among men and would have been the best President of all time.

Today I was happy to hear a couple of my Democrat friends...(YES, I HAVE MANY), who were outside looking up to the skies proclaiming that it would be neat to see the President's plane fly over (since he's in town). I agree... but if you can respect the position of the President's plane, why can you respect the office of the President even if you don't like it's occupant???

Hmmm.....

David

No comments: