Monday, June 11, 2007

Vanity thy name is Dave

Okay, Okay!!! I'll admit it! After recently growing a full beard (instead of my usual goatee), I noticed several small patches of gray that were, shall we say "unsightly." So, I mentioned to Sherry that I should get some of that "Just for Men" stuff for my beard and see if it would work.

Well, it did... I have a full, dark beard without even a hint of gray! I should have done my hair too, but you know what? I'm almost to the point where the bald spot covers more of my head than my hair does...so I think I'll let that pass.

Putting the stuff on was kind of funny, because it made me look like a 1970's "G.I. Joe" with the "real facial hair." If I could have pulled that look off, I would have tried... it was somewhat cool and somewhat goofy at the same time! After applying and then washing and drying my beard, I've gotta say "It don't look bad!" It isn't magic marker black like some hair dyes, and so far the only comment I've gotten is "Boy, you're beard is really growing fast!"

So now I'm a modern man....one who isn't afraid to wear his fake colored beard with pride!

-Dave (the stud with the sexy beard)

No comments: