Saturday, June 30, 2007

You turned me right round baby right round

Okay, so this week at work has been the absolute worst! They've reorganized our department until my nice, normal-sized cubicle was cut into half!!! Half my desk is gone! Half of my cubicle walls are gone! 80% of my storage space is gone! All of my privacy is_________ GONE!

It's really worse in reality. You really have to see it to appreciate the magnitude of this reorganization!!! Before I had privacy and space and didn't sit between two hallways next to two elevators and two bathrooms! Now all day long I get a constant flow of traffic through my workspace and the sounds of elevators dinging, doors opening and shutting and toilets flushing!

I suppose my bosses would like me to maintain my previous level of productivity...but I can tell you this... I am so stressed out at the moment that I promise you...productivity is gonna fall...big time! No, this isn't a threat...it's a prediction. How anyone could have looked at that layout on paper and said "YUP, that'll work!" Is beyond me. STEVIE WONDER COULD HAVE SEEN THAT THIS WOULDN'T WORK!!!

Stay tuned as the insanity continues!!!

Dave

No comments: