Sunday, July 27, 2008

And so it goes



And so I missed my High School Reunion this weekend... We were kind of busy here on the home front... Kid's activities, Church, getting ready for my surgery... life... you know the drill... But still, I wanted to go.

I helped out with some of the planning and stuff, like I always do, and had hoped that we'd be able to get out of some of our prior commitments and go, but alas...it was not to be.

I have so much here to do before my surgery this week and I'm in the middle of a bunch of landscaping, so that was one of my big priorities this weekend. I finished the rock gardens and then the boys and I worked on rearranging a rock pathway in Jared's garden in back of the house and put down some fresh mulch. (which looks really nice, by the way). We've kind of let Jared's garden go this year, so it was nice to have it looking a bit spruced up.

It was hot here this week! 90's all the way, and we had some pretty good storms again, but amazingly enough NO LIMBS CAME CRASHING DOWN!!!
We're supposed to get more storms tonight, but at least we finally got some rain. The weird storm this past week was on Tuesday while we were at the ROYALS baseball game. It poured about an inch of rain in just about a half hour and was flooding out the parking lots and stadium, but by the time we drove the 10 mins home, it had stopped and the streets around our neighborhood were dry! We were soaked, but not our yard!

So, that was my week with achy knees and all. The kids went to Omaha with Sherry and her folks for a couple of days and went to the zoo. We've always loved the zoo there, but Sherry said that this time it was looking a bit run-down. Disappointing to hear since I've always thought it was the best zoo I've been to around these parts.

It was quiet around here for a bit without the boys running around.

Jared is pitching now for the Bulldogs, so this will be interesting to watch...
I'm hoping for the best, cause as you know (since I've said it a million times) he's pretty good! Keep your fingers crossed for lots of strikeouts and no hit batters!

Have a good week and I'll try to blog again soon!

Dave

No comments: