Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Restaurant Review etc.

So,

Last night was our anniversary. We decided to do something we RARELY ever do...try out a new restaurant! I asked Sherry where she wanted to go and she said she didn't care, so I thought since it was a special occasion we would try out the World Famous Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant in the Bass Pro Store in Independence, MO.

I had the fish and chips, and at first glance I thought that they had shorted me on fish, fries and cole slaw. It didn't seem like that much food for the price I was paying. Sherry's Cheeseburger, on the other hand, was ENORMOUS and barely fit on her plate.

The fish was very good and I thought the fries weren't bad. The cole slaw, however, could not have had less flavor. The dressing to the cole slaw had the taste and consistency of milk, while the cabbage and carrots were of good size and flavor.

I tasted some of Sherry's burger and thought it was very tasty, however, do to the size and lack of seasoning, Sherry quickly grew bored with her food. If she had been a bit more adventurous, I would have ordered the buffalo or the alligator for her to try instead.

We skipped dessert and instead went shopping in the store and then continued on to other stores nearby. We ended the evening by watching the final 8 innings (out of 15.5) of the All Star Game, which the American League once again won!

Not a bad night really....

David

No comments: