Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is Dave in rehab....for his knee...






Hi all, Survived the "big" surgery, which turned out not to be so bad after all. I never got sick, only a bit nauseated and worn out. The worst part about yesterday was the pain and then the fact that I couldn't sleep last night. I did discover a TV show called "The Jury," where they have pseudo (quasi?) Celebrities deciding the fate of the people in the courtroom. So it's like Wapner with Paula Poundstone guest starring.
I also got to watch an old episode of "Mad About You," which is still cute, charming and funny, although some of the "POP CULTURE" references were just a tad dated.

So today, the worst part of the after surgery was getting the drain pulled from my knee. While it wasn't exactly painful, it was a bit uncomfortable having them pull 6 inches of straw-like tubing out from under your kneecap. But hey, no swelling because of that. It's just nasty walking around with a bloody fluid bag attached to your clothes. Today when they removed it, it popped open and shot some blood up into my shorts I didn't dream they had all of that tubing shoved up in there...it was weird.

The diagnosis after surgery was that I didn't have any tears in the cartilage, but I did have a lot of floating debris and some rough, jagged looking parts that they had to smooth down so that the leg will now move better and not catch so much...(Thank goodness!)

So, I'm including some pictures to show you all some of the good stuff without grossing you out. The inside shots of my knee look like underwater or outer space pictures...so don't be grossed out, because if you didn't know what you were looking at, it probably wouldn't bother you at all...

Here goes,

Dave

No comments: