Friday, July 04, 2008

I'm not getting older...I'm getting...... shoot! I am getting older!





So yesterday was fun... Spent half the day cleaning up from the big storm. (It was only two months ago to the day that we got hit before!!!) So now we have one big tree that really isn't much of a tree anymore. (Cause without a top, it's just a big stump with twigs and bare branches on it!!!) And we have another tree that if it wasn't for the power lines holding it up, it would be embedded in my deck!

Spending half my day cleaning that up with help from Sherry's Dad and our Neighbor, really wore me out. So then, to add to the fun, I went to the orthopedic surgeon and he gave me the wonderful news that I need surgery on my right knee. (I knew that's what he was going to say, but until he said it, it wasn't "real.")

Today I called a couple of friends that I went to high school with to follow up with them on the reunion...since it's a holiday no one is home I got to do the leave a message thing. Of course, in Klauspeter's case...it isn't a holiday since he lives in Oldenburg, Germany. (there's my plug for Oldenburg in case someone googles it)

Oldenburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oldenburg (Low German: Ollnborg) is an Independent City in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated in the western part of the state between the cities of ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldenburg

And the above is the entry for it on Wikipedia. (I'm really on the ball about this stuff, aren't I?)

I've been to all of our previous reunions, but have to miss this one due to prior plans...(BASEBALL), but would really like to go. I think Debbie will give me grief over missing. For some reason, the two of us always end up working on this stuff, even though I don't do near as much, being the only one on the committee who lives "out of town."

Just for fun...here are some storm pics that make me ill for some reason...

Have a Happy 4th of July! Okay?

David

No comments: