Sunday, September 14, 2008

Don't read this blog

Okay, I will admit that sometimes I stray into areas political when blogging. I also wander into family topics, discussions on religion, my thoughts on movies, television and books...and pretty much anything else that happens to be "tripping my trigger" at the moment.

However, this isn't, nor has it been, nor will it be solely a Political Blog. This being said, one of my long-time readers recently took me to task for being "too political." Okay...maybe I have been from time to time, but the beauty in writing a blog is that people have the choice to read, or not to read whatever you write and then they can choose if they agree, or don't agree with what you've said. Wow! Novel Idea!

Back when I used to write movie reviews and various articles for the local paper, I was always intrigued by what might set someone off. I could write a stirring true-life account of a Preacher, who had been a minister in a war-torn country and of his heroic measures to bring the word of God to those in need....and I'd never hear a word about it from a single reader.

Then the next week I'd write a scathing review of some stinker film like "The Firm" and would say something like "You know a movie is in trouble when a character who appears for only five minutes in the film, is more interesting than the hour and a half you've spent with the lead character played by Tom Cruise" and I would get bombarded with hate mail from the Cruise fans who (not so subtly) would infer that I stick things in each and every available orifice on my body.

So let me just say, if I've offended...I apologize... that was never my intention. If you don't like something I've written...fine...tell me so... But if anything I've written bothers you that much than my best advice is Don't read this blog!

David

2 comments:

Weez said...

Hi Dave!
You're (the only Republican) on my blogroll now, so you don't have to email me updates!
Don't you feel honored!? :)

Dave said...

I do! Thank you... for the record...I only recently started calling myself a "REPUBLICAN." Mostly because everyone else was calling me that...
I'm more of a Conservative Independent, but that's a lot longer title and harder to spell...

So whichever works for you...