Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy days and Tornado days always get me down

It's raining.

It's been raining for days.

The rain will not stop.

Last night, while I was at work we had a tornado. The sirens went off, and yet people wanted to shop. How strange...how dangerous...how dumb! One lady said "I've been through lots of these and they don't bother me." So I thought "You know, she's right! What do the people at the National Weather Service know anyway??? With all their fancy-shmancy gizmos and machines! I'm listening to the lady who isn't bothered by 100 mile per hour winds! She knows her stuff!" (of course, seconds later she was swept away by the storm, never to be seen or heard from again, so I quickly changed my mind!)

So, after the sirens stopped, business kind of died too. My Boss said she wanted to send some people home, and me with my wonderful head cold raised my hand and volunteered! "I'LL DO IT!" I shouted, throwing caution to the wind (no pun intended). "I'll GO!" I said, not thinking of myself at all, but looking out for my co-workers who didn't want to see me blowing my nose or hear me cough again.

So, after the storm, the rains picked up a bit and it is raining still. I didn't sleep well last night (Cold? Rain? I don't know the reason) so I think I may have to take a nap soon. Rainy days and tornado days always get me down.

Dave

No comments: