Saturday, September 20, 2008

Soria S-O-R-I-A

I have seen the future of Kansas City Baseball...and it is Soria...and Aviles...and Shealy...and Gordon....and Butler... and DeJesus...and Greinke...and possibly a few others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Twice this week, I've had the privilege and the pleasure of watching the Kansas City Royal tear into their opponents with a ferocity that has been missing for many a season. I've been to 16 games this season and of those, I've seen the Royals really go after someone maybe a total of 4 times!

Tuesday night against the Mariners (Not a huge challenge), the knocked three home runs over the wall!!! Three! And tonight against the Chicago White Sox (Number one in the AL Central) they not only hit one over the wall, but David DeJesus actually hit an inside the Park Home Run... Something I've only seen in person like, twice ever!

And then, after Pitcher Kyle Davies (who I haven't been overly excited about this season ) Pitched a Masterful 7.5 innings, Kila Ka'ahue, one of our newest wunderkinds, hit his first Major League Home run...OVER THE WALL! Standing Ovations were handed out to several of the players and the crowd chanted several players names as they batted.

Then came Soria... The phenomenal, magical, mystical pitching machine that is Joakim Soria. Even poor Mike MacDougal (who was the one of the last young pitchers for the Royals to get a Rock-Star Welcome upon entering a game....) couldn't hold a candle to our "MEXICUTIONER" Joakim. I've got to admit, I'm dazzled by his pitching skills. He reduces batters to T-Ball players, with his array of pitches. I've literally seen batters spin in a circle or fall down while trying to bat away one of his throws.... It's Amazing!

After a rough August, September seems to be a month of re-birth for the boys in blue as they head-butt anyone who gets in their way. All I can say is "Come on April, get hear fast!" Cause I'm dying for Opening Day!

David

No comments: