Monday, March 12, 2007

Fred Dalton Thompson for President

For Months and days and weeks and years I have thought (and have spoken to those who would listen) about who my "dream team" for President and Vice President would be someday, and for Months and days and weeks and years I have always answered that I could see a team of Fred Dalton Thompson and J.C. Watts being exactly the type of gentlemen that I would vote for.

In Yesterday's KC Star, there was an AP release that said something to the effect that Mr. Thompson was "considering a run" in 2008. YIPPPEEEEEE!!!! This is the news I've been waiting for!!! For the longest time, the press has been droning on about who was running and who might run and you know what? Of all the names mentioned, I thought that maybe two or three might merit a second glance, however...not one of these potentials excited me in the least...

UNTIL YESTERDAY, when I read about Thompson. Already, the Internet is buzzing about the prospect of Thompson in the race. Plain Spoken and Honest (almost to a fault) he is exactly what I'm looking for in a President.

J.C. Watts, the black former Congressman from Oklahoma is also someone who I'd love to see run... and here's an idea.... why don't they run together as a team from the start instead of waiting until the convention and the nomination to announce running mates? Wouldn't it make more sense to have them work together?

In any event, one of the MANY online petitions to urge Thompson to run is here...
http://www.draftfredthompson.com/ Give it a shot and see what happens.

Thompson is the real deal!!!


David

No comments: