Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not the most exciting day...

So I woke up and got ready for work...the pulled muscle (I won't go into details as they are far to graphic for most of my reading audience...all two of you...) in my side nagging me before I even got out of bed.
Tried to get Dustin up but he's not been feeling well either...(We think he may have some sort of muscle spasm thing going on in his back). Sherry and I decided it was best if he stayed home so I let him go back to sleep.
I only had to work a 4 hour shift today since I did 12 hours on Monday and I'm GLAD because I feel like road kill so far gone that the crows won't even touch me! I somehow manage to get around and get out of the house and on the road.
I barely make it to work on time thanks to the woman in the blue Honda Accord who mistakenly thinks that the downtown speed limit is 5 MPH!!! So then I try to log onto my computer and it restarts instead, thus rendering my attempts to access the time clock totally useless. (Luckily my Pal, Gail is there to let me clock in on her PC...Thanks Gail!!!)
So today is a BIRTHDAY day at the big LIBERRY and Sherry baked a carrot cake for me to
take in, which everyone says is "REALLY GOOD." (MMM....it is!!!) So after working on my daily duties I eat some taco salad, which is good but kills my stomach which is irritated from all of the Vicodin I've been popping.
I hit the homestead at about 1:00 and make Dustin some lunch and then change into lounge pants and a Royals T-Shirt and then I crash on the bed...(softly and slowly since MY SIDE IS KILLING ME!!!)
I'm supposed to get up around 3:30 and get ready to take the boys to the NAIA Basketball Tournament, but guess what? Thanks to Vicodin and the previous night's "non-sleep" I cannot wake up!!! When I do wake up I have a Vicodin/Taco Salad hangover and am groggy beyond belief and it is now 5:30 PM!!! We were supposed to have been at the tournament by then!!!
Sherry says "Oh, since you aren't going to the basketball game, Can you take Jared to his
baseball practice?" I hear Jared whining in the background..."YOU PROMISED WE'D GO TO THE BASKETBALL GAME!!!" I explain that I'm in no shape to drive and that he really should go to practice since we obviously can't go to the Tourney... So, Sherry drives us to baseball and she and Dustin drop us off to go shopping...
The practice is good but it's 55 degrees, cloudy and the wind is blowing about 20 MPH which makes it very, very COLD!!! So while the kids run around getting sweaty, all of the parents look like penguins huddling together for warmth. I WISH I HAD A BLANKET OR A STOCKING CAP OR SOME HOT CHOCOLATE!!! Is all that I can think while I shiver away the hour. Jared gets about 4 home runs... I want to leave...
Sherry arrives and says "Subway sounds good" and I'm thinking that since my stomach ache is gone, Subway does sound pretty good. So we go home and eat and watch "ANDY BARKER, P.I." and "Raines" (with Jeff Goldblum), both are really good new TV shows that I hope make it...they fit in really well with "Earl," "The Office," and "Scrubs."
Now I'm blogging and soon, I will sleep... My side really hurts... Not the most exciting day...

-DAVE

No comments: