Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I blog...because I can

Last time I checked, this was still the United States of America... The sky was still blue, the flag was still waving and Angelina Jolie was still adoptin' babies. So, nothing has changed, really.

Last night was interesting...after dinner we went to my friend's house and we sat and discussed Cub Scout stuff (since we're co-leaders), while our kids ran around the house like monkeys on crack...(my kids anyway, I can't speak for his...) I was planning on staying a half-hour or so because Jared (my youngest) had a gift card and money burning a hole in his pocket and was dying to get to TOYS AM WE. (I've called Toys R Us that since I used to work there many years ago.)

Anyhoo, we stayed for an hour and a half!!! Vic and I started talking and went on a guy blabfest! I know women are supposed to do that, but do adult males? I guess we can, it's just that the opportunity rarely presents itself. I talk to my Dad for about a half hour long distance every weekend, but hey, that's my Dad! I don't think I've talked to another guy this much in years! (Other than my Friend, Jeff...but we don't see each other that often.)

Anyway, it was nice to talk to someone close to my age that has kids close to my age and has gone through some of the guy things that guys close to my age go through...

So we talked for a bit, and Dustin (my oldest) joined in some and talked about MP-3 players and music (which is what Dustin always talks about cause at age 13 it's either music or girls. Cars won't hit for another couple of years yet...)

Then I realize it's 8:20 and Toys Am We closes at 9:00 but by then, Jared is all wound up and doesn't want to leave. So a yelling and spanking later (I went gentle on him, please don't send me nasty emails! Besides, he usually ignores spankings in much the same way that he ignores being told to do, or not to do something!)

We arrive at TOYS with about 20 mins to shop so I tell J-Rod that he better find it and find it fast! Luckily Major League Baseball stuff is right inside the door! Yea! No searching involved!
He buys an Ozzie Smith Baseball action figure that is so cool and realistic (although I'm sure Ozzie was taller than 6 inches!) He's posed mid-backflip over a patch of astro-turf, and I'm amazed at the detail on this toy! He's got dirt on his socks, and you can even read the "RAWLINGS" label on his glove. Weird! But in a good way.

Jared then picks up a huge box of baseball cards that has packages in it that date back to the 80's as well as some of last year's cards. That is a "gotta have" for Jared, so then we hustle back to the Gameboy games and he finds one he wants but with tax he's going over by $4.00, so I tell him I'll "loan" it to him... Off we go with our Disney Channel/Nickolodean or whatever game, our Ozzie (not life sized) and our cards. Amazingly enough, Dustin has $8.00 on him and spends nothing! I have to write that on the calendar!

I get home and discover (thanks for the bad news, Sherry!) that the SBC GLOBAL that I finally got working on the computer the day before, is NOW NOT WORKING! Darn you SBC GLOBAL!!!

So now it's the next day, March 21st and I have to work both jobs after not sleeping well last night. But tomorrow I'm off, and taking Luke to the vet...(an adventure I'm sure!). He has a couple of weird growths on his leg that just came up recently and he's due for a check-up.
I guess I'll be spending some time on the phone with tech support from SBC GLOBAL too...
Wheeeeeee!

I don't know what else I need to share with you all....but then again, I only blog because I can...

-David

No comments: