Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Things I been thinkin' bout

Sorry for the grammatical errors in the Title... Dustin has been emailing me in "teen-speak" which is to say that whenever he and his friends IM (instant message) each other they talk in a way that defies logic...

"Dats wat I'm talkin' bout...yo!" (maybe not that bad, but you get the idea...)

Here's what has been on my mind:

What happened to the wave of retro music that hit again a couple of years ago with Nora Jones, Michael Buble, Tony Bennett, Harry Connick, Jr. and Eva Cassidy (among others)... I still love that stuff...is no one else listening to it anymore?

Is politics getting boring, or am I getting jaded? It takes a lot more to impress me than it used to.

As much as I love fried foods, why are they trying to kill me?

I should have cried more at my Grandma's funeral.

Why do I get so much junk e-mail?

Am I not the movie buff I once was?

Why do I even bother to get mad at the Kansas City Star when I know that they're going to have 30 pages of football coverage every Sunday during the season and they only have 2 pages of baseball during the baseball season?

Why is it that pretty women who breastfeed their children cover up and ugly ones don't?
(I don't mean this to sound sexist, and I'm not trying to gawk, it's just something I've noticed...
go ahead, ask the guys at the bookstore where I work...they'll tell you this is true!!!)

Why do I laugh but still get embarrassed when I hear a dirty joke?

Why do I stay up late writing when I should be in bed?

David

Why are all these fast food places trying to sell healthy food? Do they really think the organically grown fans are going to go to McDonald's for their health fix?

No comments: