Monday, April 23, 2007

At least you weren't in Kansas

Misleading title, but hey, what the heck... Actually I had a pretty good day on the other side of the Missouri State line on Saturday. Went to my Nephew's basketball Tournament and they won...YEA!

Then we went to The Mall of the Great Plains, which sounds just a tad pretentious, but is a really nice mall with some cool stores in it. After that we hit BASS PRO SHOP, which is a scaled down version of the one in Springfield, Missouri...but still interesting. Jared (our little daredevil) was a bit skittish around some of the stuffed animals for some reason...not sure why...

After all that walking, my knee (the one that's falling apart) felt like it was FALLING APART, and still I had to work that night at that Big Book Store with the B&N initials. I did okay even though we were short staffed. Luckily for staff (not so for business) it was kind of slow this weekend. (Nice weather, Royals in town, no big movies till Spidey hits)

Sunday I woke up with a knee that felt like it was busted...(Sorry Pastor Fred...I lied to you when I said we'd see you on Sunday!) Didn't do much of anything except buy Luke a new leash and a dog toy. (He's like a little puppy when he gets a new toy!)
Anyway, I limped around a lot and had a fitful sleep last night. Today I'm still hurting, but not as much as yesterday.

I'm in a good mood today for whatever reason...even though our new computers have been giving me fits at work all day.

Tomorrow we have baseball practice, but to be honest I'd rather be watching the Royals cream the White Sox...(Fingers crossed). I'm jonesing for some baseball since we haven't gotten out to see the Royals even once so far this season... (BASEBALL WITHDRAWL IS SETTING IN!!!)

Oh well....

-Dave

No comments: