Thursday, April 05, 2007

A sample of my work today

Working in a Library (and a book store) you never know what titles you might run across on any given day.

The following is a sample of some of the titles that have landed on my desk today:

1. She was nice to mice (a children's book written in 1975 by actress Ally Sheedy)
2. Afrotina and the 3 bears (a variation on the Goldilocks story which follows the plot very
closly until Afro Ike shows up and beats the HuffNPuff out of AfroTina!)
3. Eyeshield #21 (someone liked this Manga so much that there are 21 volumes???!!!)
4. 365 Manners children should know (Mommy, please check that book out for us!)
5. Work Abroad (I didn't think Women liked to be called "Broads" anymore!)
6. My Correct Views on Everything (Great! Now what am I going to call my memoirs?)
7. Hitler (I'm guessing this is not a "fun" read)
8. Between my thighs (a story of a lonely girl and her Harley Davidson... yeah, right!)
9. Dirty Dingus Magee (tell me again what a "dingus" is?)
10. A Game of thrones (otherwise known as "Taco Bell Roulette.")

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE ACTUAL TITLES OF BOOKS AND VIDEOS THAT CAME THROUGH OUR DEPARTMENT TODAY...GO AHEAD, CHECK AMAZON AND BARNES AND NOBLE...I DON'T CARE!!!)

No comments: