Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Saddest News

Word from my Sister Kayla is that tomorrow my Grandma is being put into a nursing home...
Against her will!

Grandma hasn't been in great shape for some time, but with the help of her kids and with the aid of a visiting nurse, she's been getting by pretty well.

Her memory comes and goes, but when she's "on" she's as sharp as a tack, which is pretty good for someone who is 94 years old.

Due to some deceitful, immoral tactics by one or two of my relatives, they'll be packing Grandma away tomorrow to a place where she won't have a phone and will have limited visitors.

She's been saying that she won't be here much longer, and by putting her in a home it will no doubt speed up the process.

Something that Grandma has told me repeatedly is that when she dies, she wants to die at home. I guess it's too much to give a 94 year old woman the one piece of dignity that she deserves.

I'm too much of a Christian to cast doubt on someone's Christian beliefs, but I think that in this case, actions speak louder than words...and for those who made this unfortunate, hateful decision...this is something you'll have to answer to for someone much higher up than me...

I hope you have a good night's sleep knowing what you've done...

David

No comments: