Sunday, August 19, 2007

Goofing off

Today we went to Kansas to window shop at the LEGENDS shopping center and at NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART. If it can't be found at NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART, it cannot be found anywhere! Ended up buying some of this and some of that....

The Legends is pretty cool! The T-Rex Cafe is rather interesting as is this one stagecoach/wild west restaurant that I suddenly cannot remember the name of. All I know is that the girl riding the mechanical bull sounded as if she was dying in spite of the fact that she was going only 2 miles per hour on the very non-threatening beast.

We did a bit of shopping there as well and ended up buying not very important things... it was kind of fun and not all that expensive. I did find out that if I had a billion dollars in spare change, I could really go crazy at NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART and at Sports Nutz, which has all of the coolest baseball stuff EVER! (and the reason I keep typing the name in all caps is because it is the BIGGEST STORE ON THE PLANET!)

The synchronized fountains at the LEGENDS and the interesting art work and the fact that it's next to the Kansas Speedway and the T-Bones baseball stadium only adds to the fun you can have there. I'm not much of a shopper, but even I enjoyed spending several hours there.

It was fun just goofing off today...

David

No comments: