Monday, February 11, 2008

Basketball, Football and Baseball (and a Birthday)Today

Okay, so last week we played the toughest team in the league...the one our team has been trying to beat for 5 seasons... and guess what? We won!
We actually won 23 to 21 but they changed the scoreboard so fast and then took it off that I didn't get a picture of it... But hey, we won!!!
Jared started the game by being a part of the jump-ball...the problem with that is that he's 42 inches tall and the other kid (who is a very good player and goes to our church) is at least 20 inches taller.
At first we couldn't figure out the strategy behind this move...but trusted that the Coach knew what he was doing...

The Referee dropped the ball and Jared jumped high... Cameron smacked the ball right over Jared's head, where one of Jared's teammates intercepted it and quickly headed down court for an easy two points... I guess the Coach did know what he was doing!

This past Saturday, Jared had batting practice and hit 10 out of his first 10 pitches. The next 20 or so pitches saw him hitting at about 85 percent, which is pretty good just coming from the off season. I can't wait for baseball to start.

I got a coupon for some free Royals tickets, and although I'm saddened that Mike Sweeney is off to the A's, I'm happy that our team is looking pretty good so far. Spring training starts in a day or two and I CANNOT WAIT!

Football season ended with the astounding Superbowl win by the Giants. I was leaning towards the Patriots cause Jared is such a HUGE Tom Brady fan...but we both like Manning and weren't too upset that the Patriots lost...just a bit shocked... I think it would have been nice if they'd kept their perfect season, but hey, someone has to win and someone has to lose...right?

Today I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oldest Son, Dustin...who turns a big 14 today!
Where does the time go? Now he's taller than me!!! Happy Birthday OLD MAN!

And to everyone else...stay warm and have a great day!

-David

No comments: