Friday, February 22, 2008

Irony

So yesterday when it was slick and snowy and icy and all, I made the trek to downtown Kansas City in bumper to bumper traffic that lasted about an hour or so... and I had no problems...

I made it back home slippin and a slidin and in pretty good time because traffic was light. Then, overnight we got a bit more sleet and a bit more snow and I thought "Okay, no big deal, I can handle this..."

And then...

Jared started throwing up. I tried to get out of bed, and my knees which had been pretty bad yesterday ARE NOT WORKING AT ALL TODAY! (Well, they work, but they don't bend well, don't support my weight well, and hurt like a _________! A LOT! That's what I was going to say, they hurt a lot! Please don't think I would have stooped to cursing on my blog!!! What kind of person do you think I am? )

So, the irony is...I'm willing to go to work in spite of the crappy weather, but don't want to try to when my knees are this bad! Besides, if I fell on the ice, what then? I'd look like Randy in the move "A Christmas Story!" "Help, I can't get up!"

Everyone...and I mean Everyone! At work is getting this nasty cough and flu stuff, and so far I've been fortunate enough to bypass it all. Jared, on the other hand...looked pale all night and then finally announced he was joining the citizens of Barfville, and then began to recite their pledge right into a bucket!

I REALLY don't want to get sick... Gail, Irene, Amy, Adam, Mary, Liz...etc...all of my friends are disease-ridden flu carriers! Stay away! Stay back! Maybe by the time I get back to work on Monday my knees will be better, the roads will be clear and the population of Barfville will have dwindled to but a few lowly stragglers.

Ah have muh fangers crossed... Ah will pruh-vale!

Dave

No comments: