Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dedicated to my good friend, Gail....

Hi Gail,

This is David... how are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking. You know how you've been saying I complain too much. Well, you'll be happy to know that I've been doing much, much better. In spite of the way the world is turning lately, I'm really pretty much complaint free.

At least I was until yesterday. Sherry decided that she wanted to eat at Long John Silvers, which is something we haven't done since I don't know when... Anyway, we went in and I placed the order at (according to the ticket) exactly 1:51 PM. (It was a busy day...we lunched late...)
and then waited, and waited and waited.

We met some nice people yesterday while waiting in line. I met a guy who spent his entire lunch break from work waiting on his food and then he was mad because he was going to have to scarf it down while speeding back to his office, so that he didn't get into it with his boss for being late.

We met a nice retired football referee, who was from Archie, Missouri. We told him that we had reletives there and then we discussed Strafford, Missouri (which is where we're from originally) and then we talked about the weather with him and a nice older lady who'd been waiting about ten minutes longer than we had.

at 2:17 PM we received our food and only after driving several miles did we realize that they'd forgotten to include french fries with my meal. Rather than waiting another 20 minutes for fries and burning off another 5 miles worth of gas driving back, I figured I'd just do the dippy survey on the back of the receipt and let them know at corporate that the floors were dirty, the walls needed painting and the staff was unfriendly and slow...

But guess what? After spending 10 minutes on the phone doing the survey, the silly phone tape or whatever it is, starts repeating the same question over and over again. Then it says I didn't answer a question so I need to call back again to re-do the survey on a touch-tone phone, which is what I was using at the time.

So Gail... other than the fact that I shouldn't have eaten the grease-filled food that is Long John Silver's specialty anyway, do I, or do I not...have reason to complain?

You be the judge...I shall respect your decision. And while you're at it...should I call them and complain about the absence of fries?

-David

No comments: