Sunday, February 10, 2008

Today I went to church

Today I went to church. It was Sunday, it was cold...

Pastor Fred talked about being a Follower of Christ rather than just being a Christian.
As usual, Pastor Fred was right.

I love going to a church that is based on the Word of God and not just based on "Hey, let's try this...it's popular..."

I also love having a Pastor who is not only knowledgeable, but funny and informative. It's a good Church...it has a HUGE place in my life.

Today at Church I was a door greeter and somehow I always get the door with the coldest air blowing through it...to be fair, with all of the construction at the Church, the Northwest door is one of the most heavily used so it's always open...and thus, in blows the cold air. This morning it was about 18 degrees and very windy... which equals a frozen door greeter.

Still, Fred preached a good message and the music was amazing, so even though I go to Church to add something to the experience, I feel like I got a lot out of going...

Mission accomplished...

David

No comments: